SoloPower Systems Inc. acquired SoloPower’ Inc. technology in 2013. The company aims to deliver its unique flexible and ultra light weight PV cell and panel technology on a global scale.
Significant milestones to date are as follows:
AN HISTORICAL OVERVIEW
- 2005 — The Company files its first technology patent application.
- 2006 — The Company launches full-scale Research & Development operations.
- 2007 — The Company is selected by the US Department of Energy (DOE) to participate in the prestigious Solar America Initiative (SAI) Incubator Program.
- 2007 — The Company receives 14% cell efficiency confirmation from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
- 2008 — The Company relocates to new headquarters in San Jose, California.
- 2008 — The Company’s first high-throughput, roll-to-roll pilot manufacturing line process becomes operational.
- 2009 — The Company’s first rigid CIGS panel is certified to UL and IEC standards (10% efficiency).
- 2010 — The Company’s manufacturing rolls achieve 10.4% average cell efficiency at 98% electrical yield.
- 2010 — The Company’s flexible CIGS module is certified to UL and IEC standards (10% efficiency).
- 2010 — NREL test results confirm 12.1% aperture efficiency of the Company’s flexible modules.
- 2011 — The Company enters the market with its first commercial product shipments.
- Summer 2011 — The Company breaks ground on its state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Portland, Oregon.
- Summer 2012 — The Company’s high-volume manufacturing facility located in Portland, Oregon, is slated to be fully operational.
- Summer 2013 — Portland facility ceases production and enters cold idle phase.
- Summer 2013 — SoloPower Systems Inc. acquires SoloPower’ Inc. technology.
- Summer 2014 — Solopower Systems Inc. resumes manufacturing operations in Portland, Oregon.