Solopower Systems Inc. acquired the SoloPower™ technology in 2013 and aims to deliver this unique flexible and ultra lightweight PV cell and panel technology on a global scale.
Significant milestones to date are as follows:
AN HISTORICAL OVERVIEW
- 2005 — first technology patent application.
- 2006 — launch of full-scale Research & Development operations.
- 2007 — selection by the US Department of Energy (DOE) to participate in the prestigious Solar America Initiative (SAI) Incubator Program.
- 2007 — 14% cell efficiency confirmation from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
- 2008 — first high-throughput, roll-to-roll pilot manufacturing line process becomes operational.
- 2009 — first rigid CIGS panel is certified to UL and IEC standards (10% efficiency).
- 2010 — manufacturing rolls achieve 10.4% average cell efficiency at 98% electrical yield.
- 2010 — flexible CIGS module is certified to UL and IEC standards (10% efficiency).
- 2010 — NREL test results confirm 12.1% aperture efficiency of flexible modules.
- Summer 2011 —groundbreaking of state-of-the-art SoloPower™ manufacturing plant in Portland, Oregon.
- Summer 2013 — Solopower Systems Inc. acquires SoloPower™ technology.
- Summer 2014 — Solopower Systems Inc. launches manufacturing operations in Portland, Oregon.