SoloPower Systems, Inc., Headquartered in Portland OR, is a pioneer in high-performance thin film solar materials science and a large-scale manufacturer of flexible ultra-lightweight CIGS photovoltaic products.
We are seeking 1 (one) Exempt full time PVD Engineer for Front End Operations to provide support for a high volume manufacturing line. The qualified individual will be able to process and related equipment troubleshooting, develop and maintain manufacturing process instructions and documentation. Ensure compliance with documentation in conjunction with Quality and Yield engineering. Continuous improvement of process stability and capability is important in this role. Initiate and ensure compliance with engineering change control notices. Assist in transfer of processes to high-volume manufacturing. Mentoring and overseeing production personnel across all shifts.
Whether we’re connecting public and private sectors, or getting power to a remote rural outpost, at SoloPower Systems, our solar products are designed specifically for roofs, which cannot support conventional solar modules due to weight or form limitations. We deliver innovative, high-quality products for integration into a myriad of applications. Please visit our recent Press Releases at: http://solopower.com/news-events/ or our webpage: http://solopower.com/company/
Our core values include openness and inclusivity, respect and collaboration, and the pursuit of excellence as we strive to provide the best solutions and greatest customer experience.
Keys to Success:
• Focus on detail and procedure
• Team oriented
• Extensive knowledge of PVD process technology
• Strong problem solving abilities with attention to detail and a hands-on approach
• Statistical data analysis, design of experiments (DOE) principles
• Statistical process control (SPC)
• Effective communication skills
• Familiar with roll to roll deposition systems is a plus
• PVD experience related to CIGS is a plus
Preferred Qualifications & Education:
• Previous experience of working in a high volume manufacturing environment is essential
• Previous effective experience of managing mid-large teams with strong leadership skills
• B.S. degree and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a PVD process engineer
• Must be able to work on your feet for the entire shift
• Must be capable of walking, lifting, carrying, stopping, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 25lbs repeatedly through the day
What you’ll gain from working here:
Employees of SoloPower Systems are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We welcome creativity and team collaboration. This combination makes SoloPower Systems an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
SoloPower Systems strives to provide the following to all our employees:
• Interesting work – You will be inspired! Each project brings unique challenges and opportunities to expand your expertise. We will challenge and inspire you.
• Competitive compensation – You will receive a competitive wage and excellent benefits.
• Opportunities for advancement – You will have room to grow, and we will work with you to prepare a career plan.